Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back On the Job

Okay, after a few short days taking off (alright, of writing other Python programs.. :P) and preparing for and meeting with my university advisor, I'm back on the job. Over the last few days, I tried to learn my girl Python, by showing her, step-by-step, how to write a not-too-bad Othello player in under 100 lines. I don't think she could write something like that herself now, but I had a lot of fun :-)

I guess the first thing I will do today is to try and get this Othello player to compile. Programs like this one are perfect test-cases for the compiler: they often require some minor feature additions, which is nice and gives a feeling of progress, and generally uncover a few minor bugs, which are easily traced for such small programs. It will also be a good finger exercise to get going again.. There is still quite some work to do.. !

No comments: